Saturday 10 May 2014

TALKING TO SOMEONE ABOUT RAPE


WRITTEN BY: JENNIFER OBHAKHOBOH                      

I can’t talk to nobody, I feel like nobody understands, so I pick up some paper and grabbed a pen. You see me smile, but if you only knew the things that I hold onto and just can’t seem to let go. I know I must forgive and I said that I do, but I don’t really think that I actually do. Who do I need 
to forgive, my mother, my uncle, my uncle, my aunt’s boyfriend, perhaps my boyfriend?

Photo of Desperate Crying Teenage Girl On White Background     


I went through a lot of pain like that of an acid poured on its victim. I spoke up no one listened! So it continued on and on with no one to listened to my cry, no one to share my agony with not even my mother who wouldn’t take note of my body change. Is writing the best way to let go of the pain?

Of all crimes committed against human or a person, is the one that leaves a person feeling the most violated. A rape victim is often left with the feeling that a part of them has been torn apart. Because the feeling is still with them, the victim may have a sense that the crime is continuously occurring. To use another person’s body and ignore the soul that resides within is the most egregious crime that one person can commits against another.

No comments: